Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Getting back on track



Let's skip the whole sorry-for-not-updating-this-abandoned-blog-for-three-million-years part, shall we?

I haven't write for so long my English is getting rusty gahhh! The only disadvantage of learning French is your level of English will drop from time to time. A lecturer of mine when I was doing my preparation in IPBA once told me that he was an English teacher before he was offered a French program and even he himself admits that now he sometimes have trouble with English. The problem is, French and English have so many similar words but they never have the same definition. A simple example I can give you is the word "Retard". No that's not a curse word for the french people, na'ah. In French, retard means late. I just gave you an obvious example out of gazillion words that French and English have in common! Not just that, the order of the words in a sentence is completely different. In this case, Bahasa can relate more to French compared to English. You see, this whole thing is so confusing! I'm still trying to get the hang of everything *sigh* It can be really troublesome sometimes tho. I mean, I'm so used to mix Bahasa and French when I communicate with my friends here and when I communicate with my family and my other friends who don't speak French, I can be at a loss for words for so many many times. There were even times when I had to google translate a French word to English or Bahasa. And it can be discouraging sometimes, 'cause I tend to not finish my sentence when I can't find the right word to say, 'cause the french word keep popping out of my head. I don't know whether to consider that as a good thing or a bad thing. My french is not even that good -.- Anywhooo, I need to write more and read more in order to prevent my English from vanishing into thin air haha. Bye!



Oh btw, je te souhaite une bonne et heureuse année 2013!



No comments:

Post a Comment